Our commitment to privacy
This privacy statement explains how TeflontheBeach (referred to as “we”, “us” or “TeflontheBeach”) collects information from you via the website or in any manner expressly described in the privacy statement and how this information is then used. When you provide us with your personal data you consent to us processing all such personal data as set out in the privacy statement. Please read this privacy statement carefully and revisit this page from time to time to review any changes that we may have made.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal information, please ring us on +66 95 530 8105 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protecting your personal information
Your personal data is protected by General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). You can find the details for the UK Information Commissioner at https://ico.org.uk/ or by accessing TeflontheBeach GDPR Statement at www.teflonthebeach.com. As a registered data controller, we are required to take appropriate technical measures to protect your personal information including making a regular backup of our system and data. We have security measures in place to make sure any personal information we collect is secure. Your account is password protected and all information including your password is on a secure server, which only a limited number of employees and subcontractors can access. All parties with access to your information are subject to confidentiality obligations. If you think someone else knows your password, or is using it, tell us immediately and change your password. You can change your password on the website. Even though we take appropriate technical steps to protect your security, you should remember that data transmission over the internet cannot always be guaranteed as 100% secure so you use the website at your own risk.
Purposes and Disclosures
We use your personal information to deal with your queries, to provide you with the services you request, to determine whether you are eligible for government funding (if available), customer feedback and for general statistics and research. Depending on the preferences indicated by you:
- We may use your personal data to contact you about developments and offers.
- TeflontheBeach may disclose your personal data to your sponsor, if you are being sponsored by your employer or by a trade organisation or other group.
- We may disclose your information to certain government agencies in connection with the funding of your course.
- We will disclose your information to recruiters, companies or schools upon your request for us to assist with employment opportunities.
Following registration and enrolment, either in a TeflontheBeach Approved Centre or online, all of our approved service providers will have access to your name, date of birth, address, user name, learner reference number and details of which TeflontheBeach courses you have enrolled on in the past. You can request that:
- your details not be used for marketing purposes;
- we provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you (we may charge you a small fee);
- we correct inaccuracies in your information.
You may also turn cookies off in your browser. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use certain features on the website.
The information we collect during registration or enrolment
When you register with us, you (or the person registering for you) must tell us:
- your full name
- Email address
- your date of birth (security question)
- in which country you are based
- where you heard about us.
We also ask for your company name but you do not have to provide this information if you do not wish to.
We also ask you a range of questions about where you would like to be based when working, your passport details, qualifications and so on. All this information is shared with potential recruiters to apply for a working position on your behalf.
Following registration via the Website, we, or our Agents (where you have been introduced to the Website via an Agent or Reseller), may request additional personal data from you in order to further support your learning. You do not have to provide this information, but if you do not, you may not get the most out of your learning.
All candidates, clients, and students, upon making initial contact with us, will be referred to our website, where this document will be available. Our website will also be included in all our marketing material, or any communication sent out to any client or the general public. We therefore assume and accept confirmation that you have read this document before making any payments to us via and online platform, cash, any of our bank accounts, or any other method not mentioned here. We therefore also keep record of the communication, whether it be email, text, social media, telephone, etc. where you were directed to our website and this information was made available to you. All other policies are available to you, or your sponsor, or the general public by requesting via email email@example.com
The information we collect when you access Course Materials
We collect information about how you use Course Materials to monitor your learning and improve our users’ learning experience.
You may also provide personal data through:
- calls to our helplines;
- letters and e-mails;
- customer feedback forms.
We may record calls to helplines for quality and training purposes only. We will store calls for about three months and we will keep them confidential. In general, if you contact us, we may keep a record of your query or complaint for a reasonable time in case you contact us again.
How we use the information we collect
We use your personal information:
- to answer your queries or complaints;
- to deliver our online services, for example any Courses that you have access to
- to provide Course Materials;
- to carry out administration;
- to seek your opinion of the Course and Website
- for general statistics and research;
- for obtaining any relevant professional advice;
- as may be required by law or in connection with legal proceedings (including where we intend to take legal proceedings), or as may be necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Paying for a Course online
When you pay for a Course online, you will be asked for:
- details of a credit or debit card;
- an e-mail address; and
- a telephone number.
These details are collected by: PayFast or PayPal
They collect credit or debit card details over a secure link. We do not collect them and they are not made available to us or our Agents or Resellers. We will use the personal information you provide to process your online payment and to refund any monies due to you if you cancel your enrolment in line with the terms and conditions on this Website. When you make a payment online, we will use industry standard software, which encrypts your information. For further details about the security of this information, please refer to PayPal and PayFast.
Third parties and sponsors
To achieve the purposes set out in this privacy statement we may need to give your information to our service providers, Agents and Resellers. Following registration and/or enrolment via the website, we and our Agent or Resellers, if you registered via one of our Agents or Resellers, will have access to your name and contact details to help us deliver our services to you. If your employer, trade organisation or other group is sponsoring you, we may give the personal information we have collected to your sponsor to monitor your learning. As our business is third party dependent, and some of the services you have paid for are outsourced to these Third parties, your information is also shared for the purposes of hiring, employment, education, visas, legal documentation and acquisition thereof on behalf of us through the third party you may have been assigned to.
Once you have paid for your course using our online platform, or by payment made to any of our bank accounts you will not be eligible to receive a refund. We are able to postpone bookings for your 1 week orientation program or your 4 week inclass course for up to one year, but we only allow two changes from the initial date you have requested. Although access to the online course is only allowed for 6 months, we are also able to allow access to be extended for 12 months in the event of an emergency. This needs to be requested in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Request for information
If you have not registered on the Website but are simply making an enquiry or request for information, we will use your personal information to reply to your enquiry or request. We will not use this information for marketing purposes without your permission or unless you invite us to do so.
Keeping your personal data
We keep personal data:
- for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for;
- as required by law; or
- to enforce or defend legal claims.
Sometimes we will keep information that you have deleted, for example messages sent by you to your tutor, as a record of your learning experience. We will keep this information for a reasonable time.
You have the right to:
- ask for a copy of all the information we hold about you (we will charge you a small fee for this) and to correct any inaccuracies. To obtain a copy of this information, please ring us on +66 95 530 8105 or email us at email@example.com.
- challenge the accuracy of data held about you. You can amend your details please ring us on +66 95 530 8105 or email us to request a change
- take steps to prevent your personal data being processed if the processing is likely to cause you substantial damage or substantial distress which is unjustified. If you want to exercise this right you must put your objection in writing by emailing us, specifying why the processing has this effect and state what you require to do to avoid causing damage or distress.
How to contact us
To obtain a copy of your personal data, to correct inaccuracies or if you have any queries or concerns about how we handle your personal data, please contact:
+66 95 530 8105
This policy has been approved & authorised by:
Name: Deolan Pillay
Position: Acting Centre Manager
Signature: Review of policy:
Join TEFL On The Beach.
Follow & Connect
Get In Touch
+66 95 530 8105 (Thailand)
+27 62 972 5010 (SA) –
+27 83 272 2328 (SA) –